Sunday, January 4, 2015

Transitioning to the Web

You may have noticed a lack of posts lately on this blog. There is a good reason for that. I have been busy converting Quick Cribbage from a native Windows application into a Web application. Sorry Microsoft, it's time to move on.

I have already converted Quick Solitaire so Quick Cribbage is my next challenge.

Over the holidays I worked full-time converting my Pascal version of Cribbage to Dart (HTML/Javascript/css) and I'm happy to say it works; I can now play a complete game of Cribbage in a browser with a few user interface issues to be resolved.

Here is a sneak peek of Quick Cribbage running on an iPad


I truly believe that applications running in a browser on any device are the future of software. Regular users (not geeks) want seamless instant access to their applications and data on any platform or device. My challenge is to deliver that experience.

Oh what fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment